Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Time Out For Maggie




After almost six weeks of living with Fran and Lu and being an exceptionally smart and good little dog, Maggiemae found herself in timeout and in poor graces with them, especially Fran.
Fran went outside this morning and Maggie slid out the door as fast as she could and ran even faster. I was in my jammies and slippers and watched the fiasco from the front door. I was afraid to laugh but it was so comical. The faster Maggie ran the louder Fran yelled at her. Maggie was running so fast I thought for sure she was going to run into something because she was looking behind her to see if Fran was going to catch her.
There is a lot of timber across the road from us and she looked like she thought that the timber would make a wonderful place to play. Then of course, Alex got involved. Alex roams the park because he is the King and is allowed to do that. Well Maggie thinks that whatever Alex can do she can too. Oh, the smoke was coming out of Fran’s ears. Then Fran started yelling at me to do something with “my dog.” So I went in and got dressed and got my shoes on and walked a bit, made a smooching noise and she came right to me. I explained to her that Fran was really, really mad at her so she had to go to time out for awhile. She looked so sad when I put her in there. But like Alex, Fran is the King of the Castle. Just a side note, while I am typing this, Fran and Maggie are sitting in Fran's big ol' easy chair. Fran is petting her and talking soft to her while he is watching TV. Whose dog?

2 comments:

  1. I recognize that afghan. Grandma made it for Red..:) I still have the one she made me for gradutation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right. It seems to go with all of my furniture and washes like a dream.

    ReplyDelete