Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fried Brain And Applesauce











Yesterday morning Fran offered to do all the wrapping of Christmas gifts. Since M.S. really affects the stooping, I readily told him how wonderful he was. Come to think of it, Fran wrapped a lot last year too.

M.S. also affects my memory, makes me unsteady on my feet, and I could go on and on. Most often any more I feel like a normal person, almost. Fran was putting the stocking stuffers in the socks this morning, you know eat one, put one in the sock type thing. All of a sudden I said, “Where did you put the -------? He said, “ I didn’t do anything with them, you must have.” I had bought four gifts that were the same, two for my friends and one for my daughter and one for me. Well, I liked them so I knew the only way I would get one was to buy one for me because they were quite rare, not expensive rare, but not easily found.

This whole morning found both Fran and I looking under beds, in dresser drawers, cleaning out closets (which was a good thing) I even went out to the trash because I have been known to throw good things away. Ouch!

Fran had wrapped all my daughter’s gifts and their gifts were all in a big bag. I gave up and started through their gifts. I saw one to my daughter from Fran so I asked him what he got her. He said of course, “I don’t know.” I said,

“I am going to open this.” Of course, it was one of the four similar things that we had been looking for. I, yes I had put them in boxes, you know the decorative ones, then Fran wrapped them. There was no way that you could tell what was in them. So much ado in our home this morning, but oh my goodness I am so glad we found those. Oh yes, the title? I even went through the food pantry. I do some really strange things sometimes.!


1 comment: