Friday, January 23, 2009

In Trouble Again!

When I was a little over four years old my brother was born. There was such a fuss over this baby just because he was a boy. I figured my life was just about perfect without him and couldn't figure out why "they" needed another child.
As time went by I decided that he needed to get into trouble like I seemed to be in all the time. Everyone was always fussing over his beautiful curls and how much he looked like my daddy. I had had enough. As he got older, I started teaching him his abc's. When he had learned a few letters I decided the time was right. In those days, many ladies embroidered dresser scarves and decorated their dressers with them. I found a pencil and printed his initials on the corner of my mom's dresser scarf, thinking that he would get into trouble for writing on her dresser scarf.
Didn't happen! I got into trouble again. I can remember my mom saying, Lu Anne, Keith doesn't know how to write. OOps, I forgot that part of my scheme. In trouble again!

1 comment:

  1. This story truly describes the beginning while laying out the framework for my future struggles as a little brother. :-) --Keith

    ReplyDelete