Monday, January 9, 2012

Pretty Woman Syndrome

My favorite movie of all times is "Pretty Woman."  In that movie she is all dressed up fit to kill to accompany Richard Gere, millionaire to eat snails for one of the courses in this ultra snitzy restaurant.
She was given a "tool" to crack the shell. When she attempted to do that the snail flew across the room and the waiter caught it. He reassured her and said, "It happens all the time."

I decided to have homemade beef vegetable soup tonight for supper with cabbage from our garden this last summer. Oh, yummy. I thought about my friend, Carole, because she always wanted honey butter with her cornbread.
I am not a big fan, but thought that Marie and Fran might like some.
I have no clue what happened. I used a teflon pan and greased it. The cornbread wouldn't come out, and all of a sudden the cornbread went flying through the air, but it landed on the serving plate.
The compliments were abundant (like silence). I was the only person that tried it. It tasted like wallpaper paste smells. I have a feeling that little "J" box has been in my cupboard for about 5 years. YUK!!!
My husband seldom laughs out loud. Usually just a grin. But this brought out the ha ha's.
Look at the paper plate that the piece flew on. Doesn't it look like a saltine cracker? Probably couldn't do that again.
You guys have a good week, probably won't be on again for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment