Friday, May 20, 2011

I Would Commit A Crime......

When I close my eyes and let my mind wander, I try to imagine what a carbohydrate is and what it looks like. A carb (nickname) in my mind has a fat face, is purple with red cheeks and horns on the top of his head. Hmm, sound like the emoticom devil doesn't it?
A "carb" is a devil that I have to fight every day of my life.  Carbs turn to sugar in your body and I don't need that. I was talking to a friend of mine today and we were talking about these viscious things and she happened to mention that there were no carbs she didn't like.  I thought about it for about 2 minutes seconds and I agreed.
Fran and I are both on a really strict low carb diet and therefore, have been having a lot, I mean bushel basket fulls of salads.
This afternoon he said, "I'm still hungry, that salad just didn't do it."
That's when I said," You know what, I would commit a crime for a chocolate chip cookie."
So we quietly crept out to the kitchen and gently poured honey nut cheerios in a bowl for a snack. But wait!!! 2% milk was the topper!!


1 comment:

  1. HI LU!!! How are the flamingos and dust under the piano! My boys are out of school! Summertime! Hopefully things will slow down a bit and I can get my list of things that I need to do...

    ReplyDelete