Monday, August 1, 2011

The Broken Window

One hot summer afternoon Marie got home from work. She told the kids that for once she would like them to stay out of trouble while she went outside and sat underneath a shade tree.
This story began while Fran and I were visiting her during a break from her therapy. When she was through telling the story I asked her if I could put it on the internet and she said she didn't care.
Okay, back to the story, so she had just sat down to relax and crash a sound alerted her that one of her children had not heard her to stay out of trouble!
Of course, screaming and scrambling occured when she found the youngest child with blood running down his arm. He innocently had been playing basketball and went to catch it and ran his arm through the window!  Well, another trip to the hospital.
She did smile when I said, "Boy, I bet you are glad you didn't have ten children!. She agreed, and said, "but you know I am one of a very large family. And there are a lot more stories, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment