Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Rose By Any Other Name

William Shakespear made many quotations that stayed with us for generations. Interesting that his quotations made so much sense that all of us could really have made those same remarks. Do you think that if we said that "A Rose By Any Name Would Still Smell The Same." would go down in history for all children to study and would be famous for generations if John Doe had said them?
I was listening to television commercials this morning. (They are my favorite.) When a youngster was playing chopsticks. Someone in the background said "don't you know any other song?"
I told Fran that my mother never said a word about me playing chopsticks over and over again. In fact, at times she would sit with me and play fancy chopsticks while I was playing the melody. Oh what memories. Not, perhaps like Shakespear, but nonetheless remembered for generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment