Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It Is So Hot...

I am from South Dakota and Iowa. They make little jokes all the time about it is so cold that your words freeze in the winter and thaw out in the spring. "That's why we have spring showers!"
Well a long time ago I moved to Missouri. The humidity is high here and most of the time we have very warm  hot summers. However, this year it is so hot that something very interesting is happening. The flys don't fly. I kid you not. The flys walk. Yup! I can sit in my chair and watch Maggie pounce on a fly and actually get it. I can slap at a fly and kill it when it "walks" on my arm.  Now I think that that is really hot. If I listen really close, I think I can hear the fly gasp with exhaustion from the crawl/walk. Poor thing, ahem I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment