Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Confirmation Time

This is the time we think of confirmation and Easter.  We also used to think of white suits and white dresses signifying pureness.
The age of the children vary from church to church. My mother-in-law, Marie was confirmed at eight years old and so was my husband. The picture above is of my mother-in-law.
My grandchildren get confirmed at approximately thirteen years old. This process takes generally two years. There is a lot of memorization of scripture verses and reading of the Bible.
One day I called my daughter's house and I got the second oldest boy. I said, "Hey guy!!" "What are you doing?"  He said, "I am reading my Bible." That took me aback abit in this day and age. I have never forgotten it.
There are some old traditions that hold true and I just love them.

1 comment:

  1. Aah! I missed this! How cute is that? :-) Love the pic and love what my son said. Three more days!

    ReplyDelete