Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mother's Helper For Table Decorating




When I was a very little girl, I loved to help my mom; Probably more, in fact than she would have liked when she was having company. I think I have posted about the ladies coming to visit that mom called, "club ladies."
 My parents were very poor, but  that did not keep my mother from entertaining with style. 
She never used napkins for every day when I was little, but when the club ladies came she used napkins that resembled Vanity Fair napkins of our time.
I have been seeing them being advertised on television lately. Every time I see that ad I think of the "chore" my mother gave me to get ready for the ladies.
She would get my colors and the napkins out and let me color the flowers on the bottom.  If she had "club" in the spring she had me color the flowers yellow, and pink etc. If the ladies came in the fall, the flowers needed to be colored gold and rust and purple etc. The ladies always remarked on the lovely napkins on the table, and then of course, my mama told them that I had helped decorate them.

Another wonderful memory that has been hidden away for over sixty years.











No comments:

Post a Comment