Friday, May 14, 2010

Starting Over.....

Started over a gazillion times in my life, from the time I first started to learn how to walk, to the first time I tangled with long division in Mrs. Fransico’s class. I couldn’t even get marriage right until I had tried it a few times.

Well last year we planted a really big garden, we were so proud. It rained ten inches in June. In July the wind blew all of the sweet corn down. So this year we discussed all the failures that we had last year. It was decided that we would NOT plant sweet corn and we would plant early so that the plants would have a good start. We could not plant early because this year the rain started early before we could. The rabbits have never bothered our garden before, but I guess they must be hungry. The rabbit was actually caught chomping away on my string beans!

So anyway other than the rabbits, the garden was doing very well. The broccoli was early, but we could deal with that. Then Mother Nature turned on the water. I have no idea why, we had plenty of water. So far in about fifty hours we have gotten well over seven inches of rain. At the top of this page, you will see sad green beans or no green beans, tomatoes that have laid down, and cabbages and spinach that are just pleased as punch. Sigh! What to do, you just can’t out guess her. I Guess we will start over when the rainy season is over. Hmm wonder when that is. You may notice in one of the pictures there is a soaker hose laying by the beans. I think I will burn it!




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You never know...you might need to start over just yet. Let it dry out and see what happens.

    Try to have a dry weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete