Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Company Is Coming!

There is an old, old song called, “Company’s Coming!” I thought of that song this fall. We had company which was very cool.

I have such a very small family that having a cousin visit is a very big deal. I have only one uncle left and he is ninety four and sharp as a tack. His only child came to visit. He is so smart I couldn’t keep up with him. He knew dates for everything and kept asking me for verification. Finally I told him that I didn’t know and didn’t care. Everyone laughed and he said, “Boy I guess she knocked me down a peg.”

He brought with him a lovely lady friend who also had a wonderful sense of humor. She and my husband kind of sat and had no clue what my cousin and I were talking about. He had brought a photo album with him which I was absolutely fascinated with. There were pictures that I had never seen before and were in very good shape. These photos were about fifty to seventy years old.

We talked about my uncle a lot. I told my cousin stories that he had never heard before about my mother and his dad on the farm.

I asked him if it was okay if I put a post about his visit on my blog. He assured me that it was fine. His visit was about two months ago. I am sure he thought, “boy she was really excited about my visit.” The fact is, that Fran got sick, and I got started on Christmas and Thanksgiving. We took quite a few pictures outside which made a nice background. Hopefully we will get to see them again. Thanks for the visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment