Sunday, December 5, 2010

Gulp And Swallow Hard



Once in awhile, something will come to mind, or a person that looks like someone else, birthdays of someone who is gone etc.

I miss my children something fierce. I mean the little children. This is a picture of two of my daughter’s children “helping” decorate their tree. Oh the days that my little ones “helped.” We often had to put our tree up on a table to Keep it away from my little one. One year when we got our tree home we discovered that the trunk had a severe case of scoliosis. That poor little tree had to have a piece of twine around it and nailed to the wall. Oh the stories of Christmas! When I saw this beautiful picture of my grandchildren. I saw the quiet twinkling lights and my grandson on his tiptoes stretching to put on his decoration. My little boy would do the same thing. In the winter before Christmas the children would make chains out of green and red construction paper to decorate the tree with. And…of course, the very few glass decorations I had left, two or three hit the floor by accident and the paper chains were more dominant that year.

Presents had to remain hidden because it was just too much for little fingers and mama’s nerves to keep the gifts safe.

Yes, Oh how I miss those days. Gulp and swallow hard.

2 comments:

  1. Awww :) you're very lucky to have such a lovely family! Must make xmas a lot of fun.

    BirthRight The Arrival on Amazon 1.1.2011
    www.damselinadirtydress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember some of the biggest arguements of the year being over Christmas tree lights and getting them detangled, tested, repaired and hung....

    ReplyDelete