Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Marie





If you have been reading my little comments on Facebook lately, the majority of them tell about her needing a new furnace this week. Well, after the furnace was installed it was easy to tell that the new one was smaller than the old one. Having that said, Fran needed to build a new wall for it. He forgot his drill so I took it down to him this morning. His mom was standing there watching him
I said, "why don't we go in the living room, I want to ask you some questions." Well, she took off like a shot. I get such a kick out of her. For ninety five years old she is amazing. I know, I have said that before. I just need to impress that upon you. For instance. On her blog, Marie's Memories I put a post up yesterday that showed her four children posing with their Christmas presents in 1955. In the background was a television. Fran said that television was never moved from that corner. ANYWAY, for fun I asked her what brand that television was and almost immediately she said, "it was a Phillips." That television was new in the fifties, so in my mind it was about sixty years ago. However, I remember the name of our new television too, it was an Admiral. Huh, how about that. I know it was only fifty years ago. lol



No comments:

Post a Comment