Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sometimes You Just Know






Have you ever had this feeling that something is going to happen and it is out of your control? Ever since I married Fran this feeling happens quite frequently. Fran absolutely loves a bargain. That’s why we go to yard sales, flea markets and estate sales.

Our neighbors are going to a huge flea market with all of their twenty year collection of “stuff.” Yes, I know, you all know that Fran doesn’t care about the weather, he’s just like a mailman let’s see, rain, snow, or dark of night!

Today we took off for the flea market. The temperature was twenty five and the grass was white with frost. I wore two sweatshirts and a very heavy winter coat. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there was no wind. What a difference it makes to have sunshine on your face. Fran did tease me that I didn’t need blush on my face because my cheeks were pink.

The vendors were set up in a big circle in a grocery store parking lot. That was good for the grocery store and good for the shoppers to go in and warm up. And….. To purchase little snacks or groceries while in there; everyone wins.

We bought Maggie a new ball and a few groceries. We visited with our neighbors. They were selling a lot of things. We also visited with some people that we knew from a little town where I used to live. It was a fun morning and only cost eleven dollars altogether. I am afraid that our “shopping days” are over for a few months. Unless maybe Tuesday at the huge flea market…….


No comments:

Post a Comment