Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Peak Of The Fall Foliage


Fall Leaves






About five years ago my daughter gave my friend some money for a tree as a tribute to her mother whom had passed away shortly before. The tree is a tulip tree and has always stood tall and proud of its pretty leaves. This year the fall foliage is abundant on the little tree. My friend has a big picture window right by her kitchen table. At this view point she can look at her flowers and her little tree.

The gift that Melanie gave my friend will last long after she is gone, but will always remind me of her every time I look at that little tree. Those trees grow  tall and have gorgeous flowers and leaves. There is an expression in the Ozarks. People say if the price is too high on something, " boy they are sure proud of those" whatever it is. The tulip or magnolia tree is also very proud of themselves.



Spring Flowers




1 comment: