Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Mirror With The Perfumes

I have an oval mirror in the bathroom with perfume and fingernail polish on it. It looks really pretty with all the different colors. I love perfume, but Fran doesn't, it makes him sneeze, so the lovely bottles stay on the mirror.
As I was dusting the mirror the other day, I remembered the first bottle perfume I received as a gift when I was a child. It was called Blue Waltz. I had no clue how to put it on so I practically took a bath in it. My family seemed to object to my smelly self, so I had to wash it off. I secretly agreed with them. That perfume was very inexpensive, so I repeatedly received it as a gift for a few years.
The jars were quite pretty, so I would put them on my dresser on doilies and they looked very nice.
As I grew older, probably a teenager, I thought I would make room for something else like knickknacks etc. I opened up a bottle of the perfume and it had turned to vinegar. Oh,  what a horrible smelling concoction I had been saving. Oh well, the bottles were pretty.

1 comment: