Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Young Son Points Out Aging

There are many different ways that  just jump out at you to tell you that perhaps you ARE getting older; forgetting things, losing things, having trouble problem solving, and word finding just to name a few.
My youngest son asked to use our camper last weekend because he had to get up in the middle of the night. He had to get up at one o'clock in the morning and didn't want to wake us up. I gave him a new about a year or so old digital alarm clock so he would wake up.
Yesterday he stopped by and he had a fun time with us teasing us about being able to read the clock. I said, "yes, it is very hard to read. I always have to tilt my head to get the numbers right."
He just laughed and said, "Mom, you have to peel the celephane sticker off then you can read it."
Softly I said, "Oh."
I am sure other people have had the same thing happen to them. I am also sure the directions didn't tell us to do that. ;)

1 comment:

  1. HILARIOUS -- that is the first thing I do when I get some new electronic gadget (or clock) -- take off that cellophane. I know some people don't like to remove it -- not ME! Off it goes. It's just there to protect the finish during the manufacturing process. "Live and Learn" ?

    ReplyDelete