Sunday, April 15, 2018

He Likes A Honey Do List

My husband's name is Francis. Most people call him Fran. If I want something done that I figure he won't want to do I call him Frannie. Not too many folks call him that any more and I do it on purpose mostly to get his attention.
Fran is someone that will work like a dog to get a huge project done by a self imposed "due date."
This is not my "first rodeo" so I know a thing or two about men. If I ask Fran to do something for me I can actually see him ignore me; some people call it selective hearing, as does Fran. He will repeatedly say, "you didn't tell me you wanted me to do this or that." Ahem, I have resorted to the "List."
A Honey Do List is a list that is written in cursive and attached to the refrigerator with a magnet, or better yet a magnetized note pad that sticks to the refrigerator all by itself!
Cursive is a form of handwriting that was taught to students by their teachers throughout the centuries, world wide. In every language I might add.
I was watching the Ellen Show the other day and there was an eleven year old that told Ellen she didn't have a signature because she hadn't been taught to write in cursive. Can you believe that?
Just think what would happen to our economy without cursive. There would not be any Handwriting Experts, therefore, no one to testify in court for or against a victim or crook. There would be no teachers that could get a job teaching cursive, no manufacturing of tablets for the young folks to write their spelling words, no stationery would be needed for love letters to their loved ones when they are deployed in our horrible wars, or in boot camp or on a hike through Europe for their graduation present and lose their passport. Yes, it did happen.
I digress, as always. My Honey Do list does wonders for me. We are refurbishing
a mobile home. I see things that need done, replaced, and/or repaired that for some reason, Fran does not. See below the difference a list made ten years ago in our own home.
Before the list


After the list

No comments:

Post a Comment