Thursday, April 19, 2018

My Best Friend's Blog

I posted on Lu's Place the other day that my best friend's birthday would have been that day.
Yesterday I was looking something up on Google. My sentence started with "ca" and up popped the name of my friend's blog called carole's corner.
I had forgotten that she had started a blog. She didn't live long enough to post more than a few of her dear messages. She didn't spell very well, but she had a message! The messages were always about three things: young people, old people and wild life.
If I heard her say it once she said it a dozen times, "I'm their advocate" referring to her residents in a nursing home. I would say, "Yes, Carole, you are their advocate." A bit patronizing, but that's how we talked to each other.
Carole and I in my kitchen about 7 years ago.
Well, of course, when I saw her blog I had to read the posts. She had never done any blogging. She experimented with colored ink on colored background so it is difficult to read, but I could "hear" her loud and clear. I am going to give you her website carole-tuffie.blogspot.com I would just love it if you would take five minutes of your time and read her posts. She may be gone, but her little blog will live into eternity.
Thank you.
She would absolutely kill me for posting this picture, but this is one of our most fun times. She was a beauty operator, but always wanted me to frost her hair, if she was broke. She was never broke, just would say that so she could have a beer and visit fast and furiously while I did her hair. And I might add, it was no easy feat because her hair was short!!

1 comment:

  1. Carole and I always went to our friend and best beauty operator in the county. Her shop was called Country Clippers. Such fun we had there. She would let us have appointments back to back so we could visit.

    ReplyDelete