Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'll Pay You Tuesday






When some people retire they try to do mental puzzles to keep them alert and oriented. Hmm, well I do that, but it doesn’t seem to work a whole big bunch! So, I encourage my partner in life to join the “fun” things with me like trying to think of movie star names, lyrics to songs, and on and on it goes.

We watch Wheel of Fortune with word puzzles. We average about fifty percent. I vowed I would Never Ever watch that show because it was just for old people.

My attention span is also shot. I find myself reading the same sentence over and over before I finally “get” it. The television, the phone, and my husband get my attention before my book.

This morning, I don’t know why, I was trying to think of a little bitty guy on the cartoons with Popeye that had a big belly. I knew he always promised to pay for the hamburger he begged for another day. Finally between Fran and I we came up with not only his name (Wimpy) but what he said

“I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today.”

Do any of you folks remember this cute little guy?


No comments:

Post a Comment