Thursday, May 24, 2012

Back In The Day

Back in the day.......A teenager tends to block out an older person when they hear that intro. However, there were lots of funny, good, and interesting things that "happened back in the day."
The other day I said something about more birthday stories to follow. Well, last year and the year before, I did post some so all I can think of today is one in particular that was about forty years ago.
Yesterday I talked to my sister-in-law and we were laughing and laughing about my "gift" that she and the in-laws gave me; A great big brown paper (yes paper bag for groceries in those days) full of matches. Matches, you say, Yes. In those days, smoking was acceptable, almost expected. I NEVER had a match, so I would swipe anyone's that was laying on the table or ask someone for a match, and "forget" to give them back.
She said that they all got together and got any and all kinds of matches they could find, and put them in this bag. See in those days, (once again the kids slink away) we didn't spend much if any money on gifts. For one thing we didn't have any! So the reminiscing was fun. Funny how some things are "forever memories" and some just flit away like yesterday's news.
Hope to see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment