Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Birthday Blues

Several years ago, my late husband bought me a bicycle after much begging for one. It was pretty pathetic, actually ie," I never got one when I was a kid, I could get more excersise, you could take care of the kids while I could go for a ride and on it went.
When my birthday came, I got a bike.  It was red and silver. Well, let me tell you, I was one happy lady! It was the kind of bike that I asked for. In this day and age it would be classified as a mountain bike; large seat and large tires. Hmm, I can feel it now and I can also hear the sound of it as it went down the street.
Why I did what I am about to tell you, is unknown to me and my husband and my neighbors, but I parked it at the curb, then promptly got in the car with my kids and ran over my bike!! I had only had it one or two days. I have no clue why I didn't park it by the house.
I quickly took it to my neighbor man and  tearfully, blubbering of course, he asked me what I had done with my NEW bike, and yes, he could fix it ,which he did.
A few days later, I carefully, yes carefully put the bike in Back of my car. The next time I went to the store I backed over it. Yup, I did. That time it wasn't fixable. My sweet husband, said, "I thought you wanted a bike."  I never got another one.
I just told Fran about this post and what it was about. I told him I had thought I had run out of things to write about. He just chuckled and shook his head and said, "I can see you doing that."  What's that mean? Does that mean he never would have bought me a bike for my birthday?
Stay tuned for more birthday stories!

4 comments:

  1. OMG, it sounds like something I would have done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny. I think I've inherited that trait from you. :-) Happy birthday, mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny - sounds like something I would do. By the way, happy birthday! I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I enjoy writing it too. Three years ago I had never heard of such a thing. My daughter and brother thought it would be a good idea because I love to tell stories.

      Delete