Thursday, July 22, 2010

Is This False Advertisement?


Going to the grocery store used to be so easy. If you were smart you took a list, if not you saw something on the shelf that reminded you that you needed or wanted. A few weeks ago I thought I had better get some more dish soap because I was close to being out. Yesterday was the day that I was going to toss one and bring out the new! Well the new one had a big yellow sticker on it that said 20% more. I am sure that attracted me to that brand (even though I had used that brand for years.) Before I threw out the other bottle, I noticed that it had 24 ounces in it. Then I looked at the new bottle; It also had 24 ounces in it. I figured I had a really good lawsuit going here. I just now went out to the kitchen and read exactly what the sticker says; "20% MORE vs.competitors 20 oz. Size." Isn’t 24 oz. 20% more than 20 oz.? I really don’t have time for this kind of shopping. I have spent a large share of this afternoon writing and rewriting this post because of some marketing fool in the soapsuds world of advertisement had to make more money for his company. I think this kind of thing could and should be stopped by us, the shoppers of America! Go for it Ladies and Gentlemen no more tomfoolery!



4 comments:

  1. OMG. Too funny! And very frustrating! I hate these kind of sneaky tactics too. And people wonder why I'm becoming a bitter old lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I don't hear very bitter in your voice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, Mom. You can be today's Ralph Nader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI...I have to play a little catch up on my blog reading this week...hopefully. I just read this post..LOL YOU go girl and I agree with the Ralph Nader comment!!!! I am snotty about my dish liquid and only use DAWN LOL LOL I buy the same brand and same bottle all the time. So I never pay attention to any of that...LOL LOL

    Have a great week in case I don't get back online right now. We are busy with getting school stuff together.

    ReplyDelete