Monday, July 19, 2010

My Mom Was Such A Wise Woman

When I was a little girl I didn’t question my mom. When I was a teenager I questioned her constantly. When I was a grownup I thought what a wise woman my mom was.While I was watching the Today Show this morning, one of the topics was that our children may be drinking too much coffee. My first thought was, “What? My mother would have had a fit."
The kids now days are drinking coffee with caramel, whipped cream, chocolate and all kinds of fattening yummy things on it and in it.
I can remember that I used to beg her for a cup of coffee. My argument was that if she could drink it why couldn’t I? She told me about the caffeine thing and that it was kind of habit forming if you drank too much of it.
One day she relented to my teasing and gave me a cup of warm milk with a tablespoon of hot coffee in it. Yuk, that was not a bit tasty. You see, it looked like my mom’s coffee because she put cream in her coffee, but it sure didn’t taste like I had imagined.
My mom did a lot of things like that. She tricked me into thinking I was getting my way when in fact, she was getting her way.
My mom was such a wise woman.

1 comment: