Wednesday, July 21, 2010

You Have A Right To Good Medical Care

I went for a follow up doctor visit yesterday. It was the second visit for this one. I wrote previously he got in my personal space the first time I saw him. He may have read my post, I don’t know, but he did not do that yesterday.
I reviewed his notes that he had written the month before and corrected one.
He gave me the results of the e.e.g. that I had had the month before. He explained what it showed that I had continuous seizures. But not what I had been told my whole life as far as names of, and size of. When I had him explain some of his Doctor terminology he was very nice and did that with hand signals showing what the electrical signals in my brain were doing. My multiple sclerosis is of course, making things complicated.
We then discussed my medication. He told me to discard some, and increase some and why.
Then he rolled away from me on his “doctor stool” and rolled towards me and said in a very stern voice, “You have a right to good medical care! If for ANY reason you feel that you are not receiving that, speak up for yourself. If you need to go to a different doctor or tell the doctor what is going on with your body as far as reaction to medication and physical signs of disease.” Well, never in my whole life has a doctor EVER told me that or insinuated that. Wow, what a difference a change makes. Then……he said I want you back in a week to see what a blood test says about this and then we should be on the right track.
He also took his time and walked me to the nurse’s station and explained to them what he wanted for me and when he wanted my next appointment. Well, again. I might just like this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment