Friday, February 4, 2011

How Many People Does It Take To Make A Party?

I was thinking today about a Superbowl Party as we were in the grocery store. When my kids were little the "guys" went to Minnesota to watch the Vikings play whether they were in the Superbowl or not. We were very poor. In the '60's I think my husband made about $3.00 or less an hour, so if the guys wanted to go they had to get odd jobs to ride the bus, pay for their food, and of course pay for some drinks/beer.
They built a fence for a man one year, another year they put a new roof up for someone, and one year they made a clothes line for a lady. They had so much fun, just like they did when they were kids.
Well "us" girls had a ball while they were gone too. Of course, we had the little ones to take care of, but for meals we could make hot dogs and mac and cheese every night if we wanted to, because the kids loved it.
Sodas were very special drinks, so while the guys were gone, I can remember treating my kids to a soda.
The first year that I can remember a Superbowl party in South Dakota I was heart broken because my little dog ran out the door and got run over by a car.
Other Superbowl parties were happier, I didn't care for football so I went shopping. I loved that. And sometimes I took the kids with me and we went to McDonalds which was a special treat.
Then something magic happened. I started to like football. I became a monster. I stood up from my chair and yelled and screamed and hollered. I love it. And furthermore the first game that I watched with Fran I was against his team. Things were kind of quiet on the home front. That was our first Superbowl party. He still talks about me being a traitor. lol Sometimes it is just the two of us which means I don't have to make much food or sometimes it is a party with our neighbors. It is fun, so in answer to my question?  I think you can have a party of one or one hundred. I love parties no matter how many. Happy Superbowl Party, everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Did you enjoy it? Good game I thought! We had wonderful food and great friends. :-) I love your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete