Thursday, February 10, 2011

Is It My Fault, Now Really?

We have a very long porch on the northside of our house. It used to be a carport. Fran enclosed it and screened it for me. I love to sit out there three seasons and watch the birds, have coffee and visit with friends in my favorite room.
A little while ago Fran came in and said, "I had to get that bird out of there." And of course, I said, "What bird?"  He said that it was my fault of course. We always laugh with that remark. We sound like the Mucinex commercial when the girl says it is all the mucous' fault.
Any way I am rambling again. He said there was a wren that had gotten trapped in the porch when I left the door open. If you believe that, I have some beach front property for sale. Fran said that when he first saw the bird he had a seed in it's mouth then he quickly grabbed another seed as Fran propped the door open. (do you notice that there were several seeds on the floor? ) The bird was very fat and calmly walked, yes walked out the door.
I am thinking that, that bird was among hundreds that were eating out of the feeder the other day and was very disappointed in us for not keeping the feeder full. The reason was just because the roads were drifted shut and I felt our safety was more important than a bunch of birds that were upset with us for not filling their feeder. I have thought and thought about this and I still think I am right!

2 comments:

  1. lol....hi LU! I came by to say hi and check out what you have been posting. I have missed reading all my favorite blogs! I have been very busy my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture the bird helping himself to some seeds and then walking nonchalantly out the door! Funny.

    ReplyDelete