Saturday, February 5, 2011

Scoops

There are many different kinds of scoops. I have a sugar scoop, and Fran has a snow scoop. Reporters get scoops on breaking news related to newspaper headlines or television break ins.  My dad used to have a corn scoop that he used to throw corn to the hogs.
And... pooper scooper that dog walkers use.  In fact in the grocery store the other day, yes I said the grocery store, hanging with the mops and brooms was a zebra printed pooper scooper. I couldn't believe it.  People that have cats need a scoop that scoops the poop out of the kitty litter.  Fran just said, "Don't forget a scoop of ice cream!" Leave it to him to think of food.
Now that we are done with that, I will tell you my favorite kind of scoop; the wonderful scoop that scoops up heavy dips. In my estimation they are one of the best inventions ever! I make a very heavy Mexican dip that breaks every chip ever made, but when I use a Scoop they do the trick. They are wonderful. If you use a regular tortilla chip, you end up with broken chips throughout the dip. Yuk! 
Long live the scoops and I am out to the kitchen to make my dip! Can't wait to scoop it up.

2 comments:

  1. I like these too! And you can use them like those little pastry shells and fill them with taco meat and top them with taco toppings or your favorite dip and then you have a perfect pre-made appetizer that looks fancy and you can even pretend that you spent hours making them. Not that I would ever do that ;)

    ReplyDelete