Friday, June 17, 2011

But I Want Something New To Play With!!!



This year has been extraordinary for crawly things in the yard.
On the highway the terripins have been so populated, it is difficult not to hit one.
I have a huge ceeramic turtle in my flower garden that is very old; it was my mother's.  The terripins are interested in it and generally crawl slowly by it. Well, while they crawl slowly by;  Maggie goes nuts.
The other day there was one on the other side of the yard. I saw her "playing" with it with her paw like a cat would do. I yelled at Fran and he rescued the poor little thing.
I have never seen such a year. Well, yesterday I was about to take Maggie outside and there was a huge snapping turtle. Maggie lunged at it. It was all I could do to get her back to the house. That turtle would have really hurt Maggie. I wanted Fran to kill it. I love turtle, but Fran said, "no I can't kill a turtle." Ok, dear man. The turtle changed directions so all was well.
Poor Maggie, all she wanted was something new to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment