Monday, June 13, 2011

But She Said Please!

This all started very innocently. I do not like spaghetti four times a week. Fran was starting on his third time this week and I just couldn't stand the thought of it. I thought there was a can of salmon in the pantry. Salmon is an excellent source of omega 3 which I need. And besides that, I like it. I couldn't find the salmon, but I found a package of Girl Scout cookies that I had hidden from Fran and me so we had something sweet in emergencies. Well, this was an emergency.  We have been trying to cut way back on carbs and we have been doing very well. We have fallen off the wagon a few times like when we went to my daughter's house.  Those free days are allowed sometimes.
I couldn't open the box of cookies. Now that I look back at it, I think that was an omen that I should have put the box back. Anyway, Fran opened it.
Then there was Maggie. Oh my gosh she went nuts!  Her nose was sniffing, her tongue was licking and she was whining. I really felt bad when I told her she couldn't have any as I was popping one or two in my mouth. I know I am terrible.  After all I am sure she said, "Pleeease!"

No comments:

Post a Comment