Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Think I Have Aged Ten Years In The Last Month

Has anyone noticed that I have been gone?  I sure hope so. I love writing my stories and I have not been able to. Yup, computer crashed. I was too cheap to either get a new one or have this one fixed, so my daughter in law said, "just do it yourself!" Ha, anyone that knows me would know that a computer is one thing that I cannot fix and will not attempt to fix.
We have a neighbor that works on computers for a living and couldn't fix it. I have to give him a break, he didn't have much time due to a family emergency. You also have to know that my husband is about as computer illiterate as you can get. When he started messing with it one night, I asked him what he thought he was doing with MY computer. His answer was quiet," just thought I would see what I could do with it."  I was reading, all of a sudden I heard the Windows music. I started screaming and yelled that's Windows music. Yay!!! Well, little did I know how much work there was left to do. My daughter in law did tell me that it would be like starting out like new. OMG do you have a clue how much is in a computer that you have had for two years. I will tell you....a lot!!
Just for instance my Favorites. I have to have My Favorites. I didn't have them any more. So I started out to my desktop to get them. For some reason some of them weren't even there. And of course, tool bars, desktop icons, contact list was STILL there. Face book was STILL there, Huh? Weird stuff as well as Twitter. Unreal. It's thinking was all messed up. My blogs were still there. Oh by the way my address is mrsfrenchie1.@blogspot.com  I hope you will stop by and visit. I should be able to start writing on a regular basis from now on.
I always put my signature on these. That will take awhile. It was wiped out too, I just found out. Oh, well, carry on!
P.S  Finally figured out how to get  my signature back, but I can't move it. Oh what a day!

1 comment:

  1. Wondered what had happened! My laptop crashed about 9 months ago, and I learned a valuable, time-consuming and expensive lesson; I now back-up my hard drive every 5 days!

    ReplyDelete