Tuesday, July 17, 2018

You Say Too-mah-toe I Say Tomato.......

Yesterday things weren't all great in my life. My best friend had suffered a severe health condition which caused a lot of people great worry and made me cry. I don't cry very often. More often than not, I cry when I'm mad. Well that situation made me mad too, so I cried off and on most of the day.
To top my day off yesterday afternoon I almost stepped on a gecko. I am thinking that a bunch of his cronies and him had applied to Geico to audition for a part in their insurance advertising campaign. I am not scared of these little guys, but I was on the war path and he caught the brunt of my frustration. I called Fran and said, " I have a slithery thing that I almost stepped on and you had better get down here and get him out of here!" I had him trapped under a Kleenex box and was not going to move until he joined the Wonderful World Of Outside Where You Belong Club.
Not cute!
So Fran came down and picked up "the poor little feller" and said, "Why are you so upset, he doesn't bite, sting, or anything to hurt you?" Then he said, "You know, there are a lot of these out in the yard this year. Must be the weather."
Have you ever paid attention to the conversations concerning things that are out of the ordinary or difficult to explain. Folks tend to say, "Must be the weather." Awk!!
That's cute!
Geico Mascot
If you have watched the Geico commercials as long as I have, I much preferred the two squirrels that caused an accident and gave each other the high five in satisfaction. Squirrels do not slither. I hate "slithery" including geckos. So no matter how you say it, Geico or gecko do not bless me with your presence again, "poor little feller."

No comments:

Post a Comment