Saturday, February 14, 2009

Fran the Man with a Plan









Fran is my husband of less than a year. He has reintroduced me to myself. He is quiet spoken, he loves to play cards, and he loves Classic Country music. Fran sings karaoke, makes his own disks and helps friends find music that they are searching for.
Fran has six grown children who live in Texas. He has three girls and three boys and has nine grandchildren.
Fran is not perfect. If he was perfect I could not live with him because believe it or not, I am far from perfect. At times I can be selfish, outspoken and right most of the time.
Fran enjoys three meals a day, I want one. Fran told me he could cook when I met him. He cooks only pasta. I remind him of what he said about a year and a half ago many times especially when I am in the process of making him a four course meal. Melanie, my daughter, says food is Fran’s love language.
Fran knows we have a dishwasher, puts his dishes in the sink. He also knows we have a trash container under the sink, puts his trash on the counter. I had a habit of not closing cupboard doors and he would remind me of that a lot when I first moved in with him. I don’t know what happened, but now I close the doors and he leaves them open.
Fran loves “the good old days.” On Super Bowl Sunday he was completely outfitted with his 3-D glasses as you can see. Fran lets me take goofy pictures of him whenever I want to. I love that about him.
Fran’s home is his castle and that is the way it should be. He drops his ashes everywhere he goes. I remind him constantly, it does no good.
Fran loves apple pie and would eat it seven days a week.
Fran bragged about catching two hundred pounds of catfish two years ago. I don’t like fishing. He said that if he caught them, I could cook them. We agreed on that.
Last year was not a good year for fishing I guess. I cooked one meal of catfish.
Fran could be described as compulsive obsessive. He loves variety, but if he starts a project he will not rest until it is complete. He built a porch onto our house and about worked himself to death in order to get it done before our wedding. When we got software to download karaoke cd’s he worked non stop for months until he had over three hundred cd’s all downloaded, with play lists in his huge notebook. Then came the label making he was obsessed about that until I thought I would scream. I gave up. He did not. He/we figured it out about midnight one night.
On Christmas I got him a computer game that had several games on it. He would get up in the morning, pour his coffee and go right to the computer.
He bought an old camper and restored it. He again, worked non stop until it was completely remodeled.
I guess when I think of it, that is the way he courted me. Non stop until he got me. I am thankful for Fran’s compulsive obsessive quirks and I love his little quirks; keeps him interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment