Monday, February 9, 2009

She says I Say Hmmm


It is not unusual for my daughter Melanie and I to talk about once a week for a couple of hours to catch up with each other. E-mails just don't quite cut it. Melanie has quite a lot on her plate with six children and homeschooling. So she has a lot to tell me about. Last week she told me she was going to ask for an extension on her deadline for a booklet that she is writing. She told me last night that even though I had disapproved of her getting an extension it worked out for the best. Well, I was shocked! How could she think that I had disapproved? She says I have a habit of saying, "Hmm" when I disapprove of something she says. She told me a lot about myself when she said that interesting little observation of hers. I caught myself on several occasions last night saying, "Hmm" to her. We laughed and laughed. She says that when I disagree with her decisions she is almost always right? I again said, "Hmm". We don't agree on politics, we don't agree on quite a few things, but you know what, that is what makes our relationship so much fun and soooo interesting. I love her to pieces and of that point we do not disagree.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet post, Mom. Pretty soon you'll come around to may way of thinkin'. LOL Love you.

    ReplyDelete