Saturday, August 22, 2009

Busy Today


Good morning everyone.


Well I am extremely busy today, choosing, packing, tossing, stuffing under the bed, taking out to the shed, bagging for charity, then deciding I'm the charity. This is a bad morning. I am sure you can tell we are going on vacation.
In one year I have gained thirty pounds. An increase in my medicine and stopping smoking and sitting on my duff are the three culprits that I can think of without sounding sorry for myself.
My husband decided that we should carry the hugest suitcase we have plus a small one, plus a bag for shoes and then of course a bag for incidentals for magazines, medicines, and hard candies since we don't smoke any more. Hmm.
While I was paying bills my husband decided to pack. On the bottom of this gigantic suitcase is his clothes, just packed as pretty as could be. I have a feeling that things may change.
My problem besides my clothes not fitting, are hair paraphernalia items. Those things should be the easiest to pack. Well that is also not a true statement. I love going to the beauty shop. The operator is my friend. Going there is like walking back in time to "Steel Magnolia." You are as welcome there as in her kitchen for coffee, you get caught up on the town gossip, and get the compassionate pats on the shoulder, and the boost in your self esteem that you need.
However, when you ask her for a new "do" it almost always calls for some new equipment. Oh, I forgot the inevitable, "It's easy to do, Lu". I think when we finish packing, I will carry a very small bag that will probably carry a brush and a comb. Talk to you in a few days!

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time, Sis!!

    Hmm. My "barber shop" sounds just like your "beauty shoppe". Could be it's because we don't have "barber shops" anymore. Urrr!

    It was hard for me to get over. Sitting next to a hair dryer, smelling permanent solution, and getting my stylish doo done by a lady. It just doesn't seem right - somehow. Plus there's no scratching!! :)

    Enjoy your trip Kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you'll get back to regular blogging when you return! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well its apparent Keith never came to my shop because I absolutely allowed scratching lol. In fact if it was from the waste up I could be talked into scratching it for you. lol Lu we had sooo much fun you and Carole had me busting at the seems.

    ReplyDelete