Monday, August 3, 2009

Two Of The Johnson Girls




I am sure my mom thought we were so cute and just adorable on the day that this picture was taken. I am sure that my sister had no clue what her future had in store for her on the day that this was taken as far as being my big sister was concerned. The name of the studio was Thompson’s Studio; the pictures are glued into the folders and cannot be taken out. By the time I was a teenager there were only two studios, Salsburys and Berkes.
My sister was approximately thirteen or fourteen in this picture and I was two. Do you notice that she had makeup on? Evidently it was okay with my mother. Or there is another possility, they had a makeup expert that painted makeup on the pictures. I know that Berkes did when I worked there. Makeup was never okay with mother as far as I was concerned.
I often look at the studio pictures that mother had taken and wonder where she and dad got the money to have those done. I have a feeling it is because they only had one picture and very very few snap shots of my sister, Juanita before she was killed. I know I have said this many times but if I learned anything over my years, take pictures and most of all label them and put a date and place on them. There that’s the advice column from Grandma Lu!

No comments:

Post a Comment