Friday, August 7, 2009

Feeling Needed Again





Since I retired there have been cons and pros. I don’t have to wake up to an alarm clock (pro). I don’t have nearly enough money (con). I could give you a whole list of pros and cons but why bother the majority of people have the same ones or can imagine them.
There is one thing, however that was missing, but I did not know what it was. I retired from private duty two years ago and I still didn’t know what my problem was.
Lately I have a friend who is ill and I decided that there was only one thing that I could do for her; cook. My husband said that he would like to help. Since my brain is not totally addled I said, “Climb aboard, Bubba”
We made total meals for the freezer. We were very proud of our work as we got them ready for the freezer. We put them in WalMart bags.
I have always been known for doing things a little different. My friend called that evening and I told her what we had done, of course, she said how much she appreciated it. I pooh poohed her, but did tell her that true to form and doing something a little “different” I forgot to label them!
She laughed and said, “Yup, true to form!”
I kind of looked at Fran and I working the other day like I was looking through a window. It was pretty funny. It was a little like Lucy and Ethel in the chocolate factory on the assembly line. They had chocolates stuffed in their hats, shirts, and mouths. We didn’t have anything in our hats or shirts, but we sure did have our mouths full a lot of the time.

2 comments:

  1. I feel very sad that some people don't have a friend like Lu.& Fran is very Dear to me too!!!Thanks Guyes.You don't know how much we Love you both!!!!

    ReplyDelete