Saturday, August 1, 2009

One Man's Junk.....




The phrase one man’s junk is another man’s treasure, ran true to form today. My husband and I love to go to yard sales, garage sales, and estate sales, etc. About two weeks ago we went to one that had a go cart for sale for about one hundred and seventy five dollars. Then we saw one for seventy five dollars. There was a discussion between my husband and I about this “cute” thing that I would have to have two people help me up and down to get in and out of it. Yes it would be lots of fun, but where would we ride it? I noticed my husband’s sad face as we walked away to the truck.
Today we had friends over and they had been yardsaleing. Our friend went on and on about a go cart he had seen for sixty dollars. He didn’t have that much cash with him so he told the guy he wanted the go cart, shook hands on the deal, told the guy he would be right back. He went to the bank got the money went back to the sale and the go cart had been sold. Now our friend is older than we are. I asked my friend what he was going to do with it. She said put a better motor on it and sell it, but before they did that they were going to ride it around. She was so matter of fact about it I felt guilty about telling my Fran he didn’t need it. I guess it was his treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment