Friday, July 31, 2009

Christmas Memories In July?




My sister loved to be a witch at Halloween time and often had an open house for her employees at the hospital. Then she got the idea to be a witch in December. I was a witch with her once or twice but I dulled in comparison to her. She just glowed she was having so much fun. Her face was always green, had a witch hat. In December I think she draped herself with holly.
My sister loved Christmas, with her family with her, the shopping, the food preparation, and most of all the laughing and visiting after our meal that she and mom had worked so hard making.
My sister and I had a ball shopping for a baby that soon would be hers and her husbands. We chose yellow dotted Swiss material for the curtains and soft yellow paint for the walls. We spent so much time shopping we spent all but two dollars that we had in our purses for the new baby. Well, when we gathered every thing up to go to the car there was a bright yellow envelope on the windshield. It is called a parking ticket. The charge was three dollars. We fished and dumped our purses trying to find enough money to pay the fine. While we were doing this we got the giggles, (refer to the spewing post) and giggles until we spit and drooled etc etc. We talked about that for years.
That year my sister had the best Christmas she had ever had in her whole entire life. Each and every Christmas was wonderful, but digging again I found this picture of my sister and her husband and her daughter. While visiting my niece’s website I saw a picture of her youngest daughter that looks just like her mother. So much so it is almost spooky.
I don’t know if you have this picture or not kiddo but just in case you don’t, I wanted to share with you!

4 comments:

  1. THank you. I am not sure if I have this one, or not. I do have pretty much all of the early photo albums and there are a lot of christmas pictures in there. You are not the first person to say that Lil Miss looks like me. I find it really odd to have someone in my family who DOES look like me, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know I got a tattoo in memory of mom not too long after she died? It is the sillouhette of a witch, flying across the moon on her broomstick. I think she would have appreciated it, or at least the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is sooooo cool yes she would have. she may have chewed you out but she would have appreciated it. I got a tattoo after my ex left. I don't know what she would have thought about that. lol Oh and by the way you are her mommie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a tat? Cool. I am trying to find a design that will incorporate the kids into one. I find them addictive. I keep seeing ideas I want to do myself.

    ReplyDelete