Saturday, July 11, 2009

My How Things Have Changed




I’d like to know how many times I have said that in the last few years. I have written a few posts about words that were used a few years ago like “sauce” that are not used now unless you are talking about tomato sauce. My grandmother and mother served “sauce” as a dessert.
A mouse is something I am scared to death of and one I use every day for the computer.
My daughter and all new mothers use paper diapers. I used cloth diapers. My babies were potty trained early because I didn’t like to wash those diapers.
I lived in a state that didn’t have a low speed limit and we didn’t have safety seats for our babies . They were called infant seats. They sat on the floor or the counter wherever you wanted the baby. The frame was very flimsy wire, but lasted for my three babies. Oh, I forgot to tell you the wire went over the back of the front seat in the car, so you could feed the bottle with your right hand and drive with your left. Yes, things have changed!
When I was growing up we felt fortunate to have television and radios. Now we have to have one for each bedroom and one for the camper and don’t forget the basement! Now things don’t always change for the best.
While I was doing my wondering and pondering this evening I happened to think about this next question, so do you know or happen to think you know what used to be called a “wolf peach?” Now don’t look it up!! Good luck. Once again, Things Have Changed.

2 comments: