Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Redneck Grandma




Well I never thought I would hear myself say that about myself, but I think I have turned the page. This summer, as you know my daughter and her six children came to visit for a couple of days. I had so many things planned to do with them so they would get to know me. The oldest one turned thirteen this summer and the youngest will be four, so you see they need to know their Grandma Lu.
I have had an extraordinarily interesting life, and I thought that the oldest ones could interview me with fun questions about my life. Not!! My daughter had read some of my posts to them about me living on the farm and my mother dressing chickens and the response was, “Gross!”
The youngest ones still think that Grandma is cool, because I hand out a lot of hugs. I also like to tell stories about their mama. They giggle and laugh. I like to spoil them and give them chocolate milk. My daughter said “Thanks a lot mom.”
One of the days that they were here I showed them my “Hat Wall.” I love hats, cowboy hats, hats with flowers, sunbonnets whatever. Friends give me hats and I like to display them. When I look at them I think of the person that gave me that hat and what the occasion was.
When my grandchildren were here I had to convince some of the boys that Grandma was a Redneck and EVERYBODY was a Redneck that lived in this area. Well their whole expression and mood changed. They even modeled on the steps and had a good time picking out their hats. What a difference a title makes!

2 comments: