Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Favorite Teacher


Today I think we will talk about our favorite teachers. We don’t have to do elementary, junior high or high school. We can do the favorite through out our school years.
I have talked about some of my not so favorite teachers and why, but not my favorite. My favorite was Miss Franciso. She seldom did not smile when she greeted you in the hall. If you needed help you got it. She taught an exceedingly tough subject for me to grasp; long division. When the light finally came on in my brain she expressed as much happiness for me as I did.
I can remember when my mom went to parent-teacher conference, she told mom how proud she was of me because I never gave up. I had been getting “C’s” and this particular report card I got an A. When mom came home from the conference she told me about her visit with Miss Francisco and told me that “we got an A” and laughed. Mom had spent many hours with me to help me grasp the concept of long division.
I only have one picture of Miss Francisco, but you may notice she has a very pleasant look on her face. It would be very interesting how many students she helped through the murky depths of long division in her many many years of teaching seventh grade long division.

No comments:

Post a Comment