Thursday, July 9, 2009

Opposites Attract






Carole and I have been friends for seventeen years. She is naughty and I am nice. She is nice and I am naughty. When we had our nails done for my birthday she told the lady that did them that I was too conservative. I told her that I would have my nails done the way I wanted them done or I would change them when I got home. Carole told her that I would do just that, so do my nails the way I wanted. You can see in the picture mine are polished and Carole’s has a butterfly on just one nail. Then she proceeded to tell her that all our lives that I had been that way and she was more adventurous than I was. I guess I was always afraid of the consequences of being too adventurous.
She wore two piece bathing suits, she went to tanning beds. She jet skied, she danced on the bar years ago and enjoys telling the story about it. I was so uncoordinated that I could never have gotten up on the bar! She loved to fish and I hated to fish.
We both had an issue with another woman trying to steal our men. Katy Bar The Door when that happened. No bathroom fights but bathroom discussions that ended up with other women apologizing to us. That was as it should be. Our men seemed to enjoy that kind of thing. I always wondered why. I had a feeling it was flattering to them.
I always wore my hair long when I was in my forties and I looked quite nice. When I got to be fifty I got it cut short and wore it curly. When I turned sixty five I decided to wear it spiked with just a tad of curl. When Carole turned sixty five she really had short hair so she could go out on the jet ski and not worry about it. I was the one that seemed to tell people the way it was, but Carole always said that she was the one that told people the way it was. She probably was right because she thinks that "Maxine" is the way to live her life. She has a standing order of a Maxine calendar for Christmas. Oh dear, if we both did that other people wouldn't have a chance would they? We used to laugh when people asked us if we were sisters. We did used to wear our hair similarly and we told those people that we were not sisters, but that our names were Thelma and Louise. I thought that was cute, but once again she argued with me and said, “There is no way I am going to ruin a perfectly good convertible and go over a cliff with you!” It sounds like fun to me!!!

2 comments:

  1. well girlfriend,this pretty much sums it up.now who's the one that got kicked out of elkton store?NOT ME!!want to tell that story miss priss?i thought not!maybe i should tell the REAL YOU on my blog.KIDDING,our stories are ours.iwoulden't change our trip thru life for anything!!!LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. our trip wasn't just an amble we charged through life and had an absolute ball!!

    ReplyDelete