Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Son The Chef




One day last week my youngest son called me all excited. He had developed the most delicious pizza ever made. He kept saying over and over “delicious.” You just have to know him. The best it gets is, “This is pretty good.”
About a week ago he had spent his hard earned money at a grocery story that told of it’s special of ten pizza’s for ten dollars. My son is a bachelor so pizza is cool for after work or when he is watching tv or any time for that matter.
This one particular evening he opened his refrigerator freezer and saw that he had no variety, just pizza. He then looked outside and saw a barbeque grill. “Why not?” he said to himself. Well from I understand it was just delicious. He mixed briquettes and wood chips and smoked it for thirty minutes and that’s when the delicious once more got mixed up in his babbling of pizza de’ grill!!!
The next morning while I was having my ritual cup of coffee watching the National News they had a Chef on there that was teaching the audience how to make pizza on a grill! No way, so I got on the computer and guess what, you can smoke them, grill them, and least of all bake them in your oven. So off to the same grocery story I went. I also bought ten pizzas for ten dollars. I opened one up and you just wouldn’t believe how little they are. You also wouldn’t believe what tiny little bits of toppings were scattered on top. I just couldn’t have that, so I added pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, sprayed the bottom of the crust with olive oil and you will not believe this. It was delicious! I have a chef in the family!
If you look at the pizza carefully you will see that the pizza is actually sitting on its own box. My way of thinking I just don't think it was a bargain, oh well you can do the same thing with a big pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment