Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Say Aww If You Can







First comes the sore throat, then the extremely sore throat, then laryngitis the next day. This little schedule of a cold has been all mine for years. I have tried to change this over and over. Once I almost did it with a four dollar generic medicine I got at a convenience store. I couldn’t believe how good I felt in just two days. Then bingo! I had my sore throat back. My sore throat is not a sore throat, it is a sore larynx. Warm salt water gargles, lots of ibuprofen, cold medicine all to no avail.

The whole problem with this sore throat is that it leads to a chest cold and a head cold; the whole ball of wax. Since I have M.S. my immune system does not do a good job of fighting off all those little bugs that really bug me. Lol

Well last night at supper time I told Fran I thought I was getting a cold. He more or less pooh poohed me. We were just married less than two years ago, so he really doesn’t know me very well.

I went to bed at seven o’clock plied with medicine and conked out until seven o’clock this morning. So I had lots of sleep however, I have a very sore throat.

I have a very bad case of laryngitis which means I cannot speak a word. The reason I am telling you this story is that I have been blessed with two very good husbands, but both of which zone into television when there are shows on that they are interested in. My youngest son is that way too.

The kids’ dad was that way, my Fran is that way and when I have to bang my fists on the table to get their attention, They laugh and think it is so funny. Please hope and pray that I get over this quickly so I can tell Fran and Mike just what I think. At least I can “talk” on the computer all I want to, thanks for visiting with me!











2 comments:

  1. AWWW... sounds familiar -- except for the laryngitis -- when I get a bad cold it starts with the horrible sore throat-- it hurts so bad I want to spit instead of swallow. Then the runny nose, then the cough, then the cough moves to my chest and hurts like hell. It must be an Iowa thing??? Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a bummer, Mom. Hope you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete