Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simon Cowell Doesn't Know Everything!








Sometime before I met Fran I had sung a couple of karaoke songs. I even had gotten a karaoke machine for Christmas, but it had a tiny little screen about five inches big. I used to have to sit on the floor in front of it so I could see the words.

Karaoke has both printed words and music to help you sing. It is not easy, especially if you don’t know the verse part of the song. Usually the chorus is much easier to sing because that is the popular part that is usually on the radio. I know I can sing along with the chorus on the radio with no problem.

Three years ago my friends took me out for dinner and then to a karaoke club. I looked through the karaoke book and found a song that I really liked. It was called “Could I have This Dance For The Rest Of My Life.” Anne Murray sang this song and made it very popular. Some time after that Fran got up to sing. I thought he had a very pretty voice, but more than that, I just knew that we could sing duets that people would enjoy.

We sang several songs together and he came to our table and visited with my friends and me. He agreed that we harmonized well together.

Two years ago we were married. We sang karaoke at our reception. At one point a couple that we enjoy being with was telling us that there was karaoke software that you could use to download karaoke songs. I just never thought about where the C.D.’s came from. They showed us how to do it and for about forty dollars we had about a year’s worth of fun. Fran, especially became obsessed with making C.D.’s and labels for them. He had a lot of karaoke equipment so now we can sing almost any song we want to without having to buy a C.D. over the counter. It is legal by the way.

We hear Simon Cowell making fun of karaoke and we both make sour comments about him. There are some excellent singers that sing at karaoke clubs.

One year ago we made our own C.D. We laughed and laughed. Our cockatiel was chirping in the background, Fran was coughing, and I talked and didn’t even think about my voice being picked up by the microphone. We mailed them out to our family and friends and we got so many comments on our bird, Mert, I thought she got the “Emmy” instead of us!

2 comments:

  1. What fun! When are you going to post one of your songs on your blog?!
    Thanks for your comment on my blog today. You made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really been thinking about that Cookie, when I get more computer saavy I may just do that. And I am glad about that, that's the least I could do, because that is what you do for me.

    ReplyDelete