Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Funniest And Finest Optimist

Yesterday and last night it snowed and snowed. We were very fortunate, though we had no ice and no wind. It was not a blizzard and though I have not been out, I am sure the roads will be easy to plow and clean out for the travelers this weekend.

Fran went to the living room window last night. He could see the snow fall beautifully because of our outside light was shining softly by the house. He watched for awhile then he slowly walked back to his chair. He said, “Well, I guess I am going to have to fix the snowblower now.” I was so surprised. He used and used it the last storm we had. So I told him I thought that it was working just fine. He then told me that a pin had broken and he hadn’t fixed it because the weather was in the fifties and sixties. He thought he would fix it in the spring. Have you ever heard the song called the Arkansas Traveler? That’s my Fran.

Today he is using the snowblower, however, it is blowing out of one side. I wish you could all see him, he is covered with snow. I just love him!

He is the eternal optimist. He said it was too cold to snow. Hmm, I didn’t know it snowed when it was warm!

Oh, by the way I haven't shown him the little picture of the snowman, he might not see the humor LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment