Monday, January 11, 2010

Can Coveralls Shrink In The Closet?




My husband is such a good stepfather to my youngest son. Last night my son called and said he had a chance to buy a used furnace and central air conditioning unit for a hundred dollars. Well, if everything works, that was a steal. The lady that owned it wanted to go totally electric.  Mike wanted to know if Fran would store it in our shed until he got the venting done etc. Fran said, of course.
The next step is today and that is cutting the pipes so that the furnace can be taken out of the house where it is. Where it is is in the country with no power. No power means by the time they get there it will be dark. Hmm that means flash lights or lanterns. Like I said, Fran is a wonderful stepfather.
The weather is not cooperating either. We are smack dab in the middle of the plains. Our wind chill last night was twenty below zero. Fran needed to go out and get the built up snow off the pickup. It had snowed again last night with horrendous winds that swirled around and made little drifts all over my car and his pickup. The doors on the pick up were frozen shut. He needed to get in there to get saw blades to use on that furnace.
He knew that the temperature was just awful outside, so he went into the spare closet to get his coveralls. He said, “Well I gave all my coveralls to Mike.” I said, “Mike is thirty inches around and you are about a half a foot bigger.” Fran said, “Well, I am sure they would have fit.” He found some coveralls that he put on. He did have to admit that they were a little snug. He had to wear a coat lined with sheepskin over the overalls. Oh, he was so cute. I thought, “If he loses his footing, he will just roll down the hill!”  It is just amazing how his overalls shrunk in the closet.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! of course the overalls shrunk! That happens to my clothes too :)
    Very nice of him to help. It sounds freezing out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just terrible. Today is our first day above freezing since Jan 1

    ReplyDelete