Monday, January 4, 2010

Cat's Cradle











Cat’s cradle is one of the oldest games in the world. For some unknown reason today I could envision my grandmother and I playing this game. I don’t think she let me win, but I will tell you one thing, she was one of the most patient women that I have ever known. Cat’s Cradle is not one of the easiest games for a little person. It takes a lot of hand-eye coordination. However, it a very inexpensive toy for children. You have to have about two feet of string; that is all you have to have to play.

I looked it up on the computer today and I just could not believe the history this game has. It goes back centuries. I almost think that the camaraderie I had with my grandmother playing the game of cat and the cradle might just beat out a video game or two.


2 comments:

  1. My kids have recently become fascinated with this game too. Amazing how such a simple thing can stand the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is isn't it. I spent many happy hours playing this game

    ReplyDelete